Our 2021 strawbery season is over. Thank you to all that came out to pick.
Due to COVID-19 and a reduced crop due to the freeze, operations will remain the same as they were in 2020. We will be following guidelines from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, the Virginia Department of Health, and Virginia Cooperative Extansion. These guidelines and practices are being followed to protect the health of our workers and our customers.
You will have to make an appointment to come pick strawberries. We will not be allowing anyone to just drive in and pick or buy berries this season. You will need an appointment.
To make an appointment or place an order you will have to click on the button below and fill out the form. You will need to make your appointment at 8pm the DAY BEFORE you plan to come pick berries. You will only be able to make your appointment the day before. We won't be able to make reservations further out than this or take appointments the day of.
We will not be able to allow customers to bring baskets back to the farm for reuse this season. We have to issue everyone a brand new container to pick into. Save your baskets for future years, or repurpose them for lots of things around the house.
In addition to these changes here are the other precautions that will be in place:
Please practice social distancing once you park at the farm and make your way to
our farm stand
2. Before entering the field you will be asked use our hand sanitizing station.
3. We will continue to sell by volume instead of by the pound, we will provide new containers for you to use. You will purchase the container from our stand worker as you arrive, harvest your strawberries and then are free to leave since your berries were paid for when you received the container.
4. We will have sections in the field where we will ask you to pick, so we can distance our customers. Please stay in the area assigned, be sure to practice social distancing in the field and keep your children with you at all times.
5. We believe that tasting the berries right off the plant is one of the perks of picking your own berries. However, because of the threat of COVID-19, please refrain from tasting the berries in the field.
6. If you are sick, please do not come, if we believe you are sick once you come to the farm we will ask you to leave.
7. If you have been in contact with with someone diagnosed with or suspected to have COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please refrain from coming to pick strawberries.
We are looking forward to providing you all with the safest, freshest berries possible this spring! Thank you for your help in making this happen.
Make your reservation to come pick strawberries using the button below. Reservations will need to be placed at, or very shortly after 8pm the day BEFORE you will be coming to the farm. Unfortunately we are unable to make reservations more than one day in advance. We cannot take reservations the day of either. For those picking, please park in the parking area and walk to the sales tent at the edge of the field to check in. .
Hours: Mon- Sat By Appointment Only for 2021
We accept cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express
PYO Berries cost $30 per gallon bucket or $9 per quart container. We provide the harvest containers.
Please leave pets at home. Due to health regulations, pets are not allowed in the strawberry patch.
Located at 14039 Owls Nest Rd. Nokesville, VA 20181
For current picking conditions and availability please check www.facebook.com/yankeyfarms
In the spring at our Owls Nest Road location we have our pick your own strawberry patch. Imagine a fun day spent with the family, in the warm spring sun, harvesting buckets of red treasure. These plump juicy berries are perfect for making all your favorite jams, jellies, pies, ice cream, and other deserts. Not to mention just eating them fresh, or sliced on a salad or cereal, is a wonderful experience. You can also freeze strawberries and use them throughout the year, so be sure to stock up while you can. Remember the season is only a few weeks long. We look forward to seeing you in the strawberry patch this spring.
Click the link above to be included on the Yankey Farms e-mail list and
receive updates on produce availability throughout the year .